A warm welcome
on the highest point of bamberg!
Dishes & drinks
The old castle was first mentioned in a document of 1109, in which Bishop Otto of Bamberg appropriatet the castle to the the collegiate St. Jakob. The castle was the second residence of Bamberg's prince-bishops from 1305 to 1553. In its present dimensions, the castle was built in the early 15th Century.
According to season we put together well-chosen dishes from select and fresh ingredients of the season.